That whole “new year, new me” is all I hear about and all I see. To a point I will say yes it’s a chance for a fresh start. 2017 however is how many days away? Why wait until then to start the change?
The gyms will be packed for a month or so, salons will be booked and more protein shakes will be made than we even could imagine. I can only imagine what health and wellness make in the month of January alone.
It’s been 365 days already.. how? I often think where has the day gone.. where has this year gone?
This year (but also right now today) I am going to start making my resolutions and putting them into action. Why wait?
- My resolution for my family would be for us to really practice our already active “house law” of using less time on our electronics and more time with eachother doing hands on activities.
- Making meal plans weekly instead of getting down to the day and saying “let’s just order out”.
- Attemting to have one dinner with each side of the family atleast once a month at our home. I think this is important for our daughter and ourselves just to make sure we are all together and up to date on eachothers lives.
- Especially as most of us have our own families now it’s been extra hard to get together or even keep in touch. I would like to send weekly reminders of how much I appreciate them and try extra hard to stick to our monthly get together.
- Re-attempting to enforce our one date night a week even if it’s just a coffee date or at home movie night.
- Always making sure he feels appreciated and knows he is loved.
Myself / A mother –
As a mother I get lost in day to day tasks and routines are not always followed. Some days I may be impatient, some days I may be groggy, some days I may be frantic but all days I will show my love to the little lady who fills my heart. I want to make sure I follow the resolutions above because taking care of our relationships, our social lives and our home will all make for a better environment for her. Taking care of ourselves as parents mean that we can take better care of our little ones.
I decided a new year doesn’t have to mean a new me, it just means I’ll keep trying to be the BEST ME I can be.
The countdown is on!