Every year we pack up for a week (sometimes it happens twice) and we head up north to the beach. Our family has always went to the same house in Old Orchard Beach Maine (yes, a beach review to come), probably since I was about 13, I am now 29.
At first it started as a house that each side of my family would come up and we were able to see everyone. My grandmother on my mothers side couldn’t make the drive anymore and it became too much for her. Then it became a week up there with my dads side of the family. My father, mother and brother alongside my grandparents, aunts + cousins. At one point I think there were well over 20 of us all grouped together in one house, those were fun days. Now, kids have grown up and families have become independent and do their own thing but a few of us still remain. This is actually going to be my first full week in the house with T and V ever and my first full week since I was younger. I’ve always come up when I could and tried to make it easy for everyone else as well to be comfortable. Now, we have a separate little part of the house for ourselves and we are staying the week, which is exciting. Since V was born we have taken her up there for a full week just not in the same house and only with my parents and kid brother.
This year is going to be different and I’m excited to see what is in store. I had a few fun ideas for a blog but then I found myself writing down in my notes stuff I wanted to do and voila, a blog.
So here is what I have for my bucket list for our beach vacation 2019. Feel free to comment if you have any fun ideas for a beach trip in general or places that you think I should check out specifically in OOB!!
After I complete each task on the list or while I’m completing each activity, I’ll snap a photo for proof and then share with all of you! 🙂 Super excited for this!
I’m throwing a few “if time allows” things up here too, so don’t hold me accountable for each one!
Bucket-List 2019 OOB
- First and foremost hit the beach everyday there is sun!
- Take a trip to Funtown|Splashtown
- Drive-In movie theatre night
- As always, visit our favorite restaurant, The Clam Bake!
- Hit the downtown amusement park |include winning a prize & cotton candy
- Taking a picture of a giant icecream cone I’ll probably never finish, because it’s basic beach rules to do this.
- Attempt to take a photo holding a lobster.
- Take a walk on the beach at night.
- Drinks on the pier (must)
- Build an actual sand castle not just one bucket flipped over + called a sand castle.
- Visit my favorite candy store in Kennebunkport, The Sugar Shack!
- Talk my family into having a dance party or karaoke night, memories people memories!
- Try something new! Anything new!
- Collect seashells + sand dollars with V!
- Watch a sunrise!
- Watch a sunset!
- Enjoy my time with my family.