It’s hot people, so super hot. It’s summer.. the best season of the whole entire year, well atleast to me and mine! We can’t get enough of the sunshine, the pool days and the delicious food that comes with it.
I’m all about comfort food in the fall and winter months but once summer hits and my favorite foods come out to play I forget all about that crock pot and focus all of my attention to the grill!
The easiest dinner we love on hot summer nights is always grilled chicken salads. V however has become even more picky over the last few years so for her kids Mac and cheese or chicken and fruit will suffice!
Everyone has their way of making salads as they are basic and easy! For our salads we use:
- Chopped leafy greens, whichever you prefer (i.e.- iceberg, romaine, spinach)
- Fresh cut cucumbers diced in halves
- Shredded carrots
- Chopped onions
- Cherry tomatoes (T loves them, I do not)
- Garlic + Herb croutons to top.
- Stir Fry style chicken from the meat department is our favorite for salad, no cutting necessary just oil, salt + pepper, all season salt and we toss either on the grill on a pan or stove top in a pan under golden brown & cooked.
- Topped with dressing of choice…and voila!
Not shown are two other factories we often use but were not prepared in time:
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Boiled egg diced up
Last but not least, Cheers! Happy summer!