I have had a few people reach out & ask me about my post today on low cal chicken tacos so I am going to share the recipe with everyone!!
It’s super easy because I just love anything quick + delicious (healthy too ofcourse).
I had never eaten meat until my pregnancy when I became a giant fan of burgers. Slowly I moved into a few other dishes but mainly I still am just a chicken, fish, fruit & veggie type of gal! My all time favorite dish has always been chicken tacos + T is a fan of meat tacos so we usually do a spread with both!
However…. I am sharing the chicken tacos. Depending on if you use any other veggies or toppings you would have to factor the additional calories but I am counting calories for the ones I made below!
Serving size • 2 tacos; 232 calories
- 3 oz of diced fresh chicken
- 1/4 tsp of All season salt
- 1/4 tsp Lemon juice or squeeze wedge of fresh lemon sparingly
- Pinch or Fresh ground Pepper
- Two hard taco shells
- 1/4 cup chopped lettuce
- 2 tbsp Mexican shredded cheese
- (Not shown) 1 tbsp sour cream
Tacos are pretty simple and you put them together however you deem necessary.
- For the chicken I oiled my non stick pan very lightly + combined the chicken, all season salt + pepper over medium heat until tender. I topped with the lemon juice about 1 minute prior to removing from heat.
- Place in prepared taco shell over lettuce.
- Top off with cheese on each.
- Sour cream if you desire for extra flavor.
Most of the time I add fresh avacado + tomatoes but today was super easy! Do as you please and eat as many as you need!
Tacos are life. 🌮